Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy early Mothers Day!!
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PLAN TO BE GREAT MOMS,
THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE GREAT MOMS,
THOSE WHO HAVE GREAT MOMS,
AND THOSE OF YOU WHO HAD GREAT MOMS...

Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have
time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
are probably in the sandbox.
Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy
ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough doesn't
come out of shag carpets.
Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum
just sucked up.

Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?' and get
their answer when a little
voice says, 'Because I love you best.'

Real Mothers know that a child ' s growth is not
measured by height or
years or grade... It is marked by the
progression of Mama to Mom to
Mother...

> >4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole
lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know
quite everything.

14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know
that, either.

16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly
old-fashioned.

18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out
of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little
bit about it.

35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get
Mom ' s opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have
thought about it?

65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with
Mom.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she
wears, the figure that she
carries, or the way she combs her hair. The
beauty of a woman must be seen
from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to
her heart, the place where
love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a
facial mole, but true
beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It
is the caring that she
lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and
the beauty of a woman with
passing years only grows!

2 comments:

jenreb said...

Just read your post and I am crying again(: My day started with breakfast in bed, but then we went to church and the primary kids sang a song for grandmas and I'm just not very happy right now. I don't need another reminder that my boys really like their grandma better than me. So, I want you to know that I think you are a great mom. The good thing is, I think your kids actually know that too! You are lucky to have them and they are lucky to have you! Happy Mother's Day!!!

Jen said...

Sniff, sniff. Loved your post! Mom's rock! Your kids are very lucky to have such a great mom, that supports them in everything that they do. Well, the good things that they do. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.